OUR chef's RECIPES
At H. Smith we strive to keep up to date with market trends and the ever-evolving menus in the food business. Our NPD team and development chef are always looking at new innovative products to meet expectations of our customers.
Honey Glazed BBQ Ribs
1 rack of Ho Wan Meaty Ribs
Ingredients for the rub
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp five-spice
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp thyme
- 5 oz brown Sugar
- 6 star anise
Ingredients for the glaze
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup passata
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup papaya & mango juice
1. Mix the dry ingredients for your rub in a mixing bowl & coat the ribs for 12 hours.
2. Leave them in the fridge overnight, in a polythene bag.
3. Place the ribs on a covered baking tray, and place in a pre-heated oven at 120 degrees, gas mark 2, and let the ribs cook for 3 hours.
4. In the meantime, prepare the glaze, by mixing all the ingredients together, and place in a bowl ready to cover the ribs.
5. After 3 hours, remove the ribs from the oven, and apply your first coating of glaze on top with a brush.
6. Place the ribs back in the oven, on a high heat for 10 minutes.
7. Take the ribs out, and re-paint with glaze.
8. You can repeat stages 5 & 6 to your preference, or until you’ve used all the glaze!
9. Remove the ribs from the oven and let them rest for 10 minutes. If desired, cut them up into separate ribs (if they’ve not already fallen off the bone!).
Starter – serves 4
Ho Wan Meaty Ribs
This recipe was produced using our Ho Wan Square Cut Meaty Ribs, which are ex-sternum, individually layer packed and deep frozen in 10kg cases.